700 Club (Television Program with Pat Robertson) shares Christopher's Miracle Story

The 700 Club with Pat Robertson

Christopher's miracle testimony was featured on the the February 4, 2014 episode of THE 700 CLUB. Please watch our VIDEO and share it with your friends and family.

Friday, August 16, 2013

"And baby makes 5..."

You know life.  You are supposed to grow up, get married, have kids, get a dog, own a house.  Ya know, the "American Dream".  That's what we do.  That's whats expected, so when you find out you are pregnant that first time you're excited!  You tell your family and friends, and all you can think about is the good stuff:  birthday parties with presents and balloons, Christmas morning around the tree, your son graduating from college, and on and on.  It's all going to be so great.  You're going to be the best mom ever because you're going to surround yourself with other good moms, read lots of "how to raise the best kids ever" books, and pray,pray, and pray some more.  Of course your child will be the best kid ever.  He will be handsome, smart, kind, trustworthy, and everybody will love him.  He will do great things in the world.  He most definitely will become President if he wants to, well, that's if he's not too busy being a doctor, or a lawyer, or a famous celebrity. 

I know. I know. Having kids is bad stuff too.  I know they get the flu sometimes.  They cry, have dirty diapers, fight with their siblings, "forget" to do their chores.  I know all that stuff is part of parenting too, but the good stuff overshadows all that... right?  I mean nothing really bad happens...to us, to our kids.  Accidents and serious illnesses, those happen to other people's kids...right?

When I found out I was pregnant with Christopher, I was already the mother of two boys, Michael and Ryan.  The first couple of times around I was younger, just learning how to be a mom.  I'd had my share of spilt milk and lots and lots and lots of laundry!  But to tell you the truth, I didn't mind cleaning up that milk and doing all that laundry.  I loved being a mom, and I really thought that this is what I was born to do.  Besides, those birthday parties were so much fun, and truly there is nothing like Christmas morning with your husband and kids.around that tree.  The dirty diapers and bickering were worth it, and the great thing was this time...this time I was more prepared.  I could most definitely handle a third child.  No problem,  I knew what I was doing.  I had faced down ear infections without a hiccup.  I could talk on the phone, hold a kid on one hip, and clean the kitchen all at the same time.  A third child would be a breeze.  After all, what's one more?

They say "life is full of surprises", ups and downs, hills and valleys.  Just when you think you have it all figured out, is when you find out you haven't figured hardly anything out at all!  Boy! Oh boy, was I about to find  that out.  My life, our lives were about to change in ways we could have never dreamed, but God would be there. He'd be with us, in us, holding us.  He would carry us through.  It would be an unexpected journey full of all those hills and valleys.  In the end God would bring it all together.  His glory would shine through!


If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you can pray like this:



More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment