700 Club (Television Program with Pat Robertson) shares Christopher's Miracle Story

The 700 Club with Pat Robertson

Christopher's miracle testimony was featured on the the February 4, 2014 episode of THE 700 CLUB. Please watch our VIDEO and share it with your friends and family.

Friday, August 16, 2013

I think someone is trying to tell me something

While I was pregnant with Christopher,  I did all the things you are supposed to do.  I took pre-natal vitamins, I gave up my morning coffee (that one hurt), and I got plenty of rest .  No problem there.  I'm a world class, gold medal sleeper!  Anybody who knows me would agree with that.  I also made sure to eat a healthy diet.  Believe me, I took that "eating for two" advice to heart.  I gained 50 pounds, yikes!  Anyway, for the most part it was a normal pregnancy.  All was well... a healthy mom and healthy baby.

At about the 7 month mark the first "emergency" developed.  I was rushed to the hospital because I had gone into premature labor.  I was absolutely petrified!  The hospital staff tried to assure me that everything would be okay.  I was told that lots of babies are born at this point and do just fine.  Somehow I knew this was different.  Something was not quite right with this baby.  It was as if God was trying to prepare my heart.  Fortunately, they were able to stop the labor, and we went home thinking we had just dodged a major bullet.

Unfortunately, we had to duck for cover from that same bullet a month later.  At 8 months I went into labor again.  This time the doctors were more confident.  I was further along, and the odds for a viable, healthy baby were better.  They were less concerned, but I wasn't.  Again, I think God was knocking on the door of my heart.  I just had this feeling that my baby just wasn't ready to be born yet.  Luckily, the doctors were able to stop the labor, and I didn't go into labor again until I was 2 weeks past my due date! 

Looking back I know Christopher's late delivery saved his life.  He would need every  extra pound and every ounce of strength he could muster from that tiny little body to survive what was to come.



If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you can pray like this:



More tomorrow...

1 comment: