700 Club (Television Program with Pat Robertson) shares Christopher's Miracle Story

The 700 Club with Pat Robertson

Christopher's miracle testimony was featured on the the February 4, 2014 episode of THE 700 CLUB. Please watch our VIDEO and share it with your friends and family.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Blue is definitely not a good color on him

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift...is from the Father.
Christopher had given up on crying out of complete exhaustion!  He just laid there and moaned.  It was hard to watch.  It was hard to hear.  I tried to hold him, but it seemed like it made the pain worse for him.  I put him in his metal, hospital crib and massaged his pain riddled body.  It seemed to me like the pain was getting out of control, so I called the nurse and asked if she could call the doctors again.  I wanted her to see if the doctor could order some pain medicine for Christopher (While they were at it, I needed some too...just kidding! I didn't say it out loud.  I was thinking it though!)  The doctor ordered it, but it didn't seem to work.  He just kept moaning and moaning.  How long could he go on like this? 

I sat rocking in the chair next to his bed.  I wanted to do something to help him, but I had tried all the tricks in my "mom bag".  None of it worked.  I didn't have anything in there for something like this.  This was way out of my realm of experience.  I didn't know what to do.  How long has it been since she called that doctor?  When will they be up to see him?

I buzzed the nurse again.  Could Christopher have some more pain medicine yet?  He is still in a lot of pain.  The last dose didn't seem to do anything.  The nurse entered the room with more pain medication and gave it to Christopher through his IV.  She examined him again.  The fever was still high, and his stomach was so big that it was tight

The hours of the afternoon melted away slowly.  The time was filled with pain and fever, and the medication they gave him didn't seem to alleviate the problem.  Since he was clearly NOT tolerating the formula, the tube feedings had been turned off.  We sat in the isolation room waiting for a doctor to come and help us.  I knew they were attending to an emergency, but surely there had to be someone who could come and examine him.  I was really losing my patience with the whole situation.

Then I noticed that his breathing sounded funny, and his skin looked blue!  I screamed for help!  Three nurses bolted through the door with oxygen, monitors, and a crash cart.  They hooked him up to a bunch of machines and gave him some oxygen.  That was it!!!  I had absolutely had it!!!  I told them to get the doctor on the phone, or I was going to call my lawyer for help.

I felt "blue."
It is amazing when you throw that "L" (lawyer) word out there how fast people respond.  The doctor was on the phone in a "jiffy".  She told me that she was just finishing up and would be up shortly.  I told her that he was turning blue, so she might want to "light a fire under it" and get up here NOW!

The isolation room was right across from the nurse's station.  The whole front of our room was made of windows, so I had a bird's eye view of their desk.  I sat and watched for the doctor.  It was probably another hour and half or two hours before the doctor showed up.  It's a good thing this wasn't an emergency or anything!  Seems to me like she took her own sweet time.  Oh well, at least she's finally here.  Now things are going to get done.

I saw her riffle through some papers and make some notes in Christopher's chart.  Good, she must be reviewing what's been happening, and she is going to help us.  At that point, I was expecting her to come in to talk to me and examine Christopher, but to my absolute horror she started to leave! 
God sends His healing angels.

Keep in mind that I had that poor nurse call down to the operating room probably at least 20 times that day.  I had even talked to this doctor myself. If she thought for one second that she was going to leave without even looking at Christopher, then she had absolutely lost her mind.  Before I knew it, my inner momma bear exploded.  I dashed out of the room, chased her down the hall, and blocked the door so she couldn't leave the floor.  I asked where she thought she was going.  I demanded that she turn herself around, walk back to Christopher's room, and examine him...NOW!  I screamed at her that Christopher was in a lot of pain.  He was blue and breathing funny.  We had waited all day for her to come up to see him.  There was NO WAY she was leaving until she did.

Let me tell you, this woman had some nerve.  She told me that she didn't need to examine him because she had read the chart.  She continued to explain to me in a very calm, but very demeaning tone, that she had ordered some medication.  She said that the hospital pharmacy would be delivering it later that evening, and that someone would come by in the morning to check on him.

I told her to just cancel the prescription, because Christopher probably wasn't going to make it until "later that evening".  I was yelling at the top of my lungs.  Other patients were coming out of their rooms to see what was going on.  Several nurses had joined our "conversation," and they were advocating for Christopher.  Then I threw out the "L" word again.  I said that she better not leave this floor because I was calling my lawyer, and the news media, and patient advocacy to let them know that my son was being left to die a painful death!  Apparently, that got her attention.  She turned on her heels and headed for Christopher's room.

If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you can pray like this:



More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment