700 Club (Television Program with Pat Robertson) shares Christopher's Miracle Story

The 700 Club with Pat Robertson

Christopher's miracle testimony was featured on the the February 4, 2014 episode of THE 700 CLUB. Please watch our VIDEO and share it with your friends and family.

Friday, August 16, 2013

It's a boy!

Christopher
We had a plan, a birth plan that is.  However, as often happens, plans change.  The original plan was that I was to have my labor induced.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with that, they basically hook you up to an IV and give you a medication, called Pitosin, which causes labor to start.  However, my labor started on its own the day before I was to be induced.  At 9:30 am on a Sunday I was awakened by a whopper of a contraction.  My husband rushed me to the hospital where I was in stunned disbelief to find out that "the window of opportunity" had closed for me to get an epidural (blocks pain, also part of the  original plan).  The baby was already crowning, and it was time to push.  By 11:25 am Christopher entered the world.  Talk about a rush delivery!

As I mentioned in my last blog, the fact that Christopher was delivered 2 weeks late was critically important  to his survival.  He weighed in at just 2 ounces shy of 9 pounds!  I know what all you ladies are thinking...ouch!  I wholeheartedly agree.  Fellas, this is why your wives deserve those flowers on Mother's Day! 

At birth, everything seemed fine.  Christopher did all the things that babies are supposed to do.  He cried, he pooped, he slept, and he ate.  Well, he tried to eat.  He seemed to be spitting up more than babies usually do.  The doctors and nurses said it was okay, and that babies sometimes have hard time latching on.  They assured me that things would get better, and as for the spitting up, I was told that it looked like more than it actually was.  Besides, he was quite a little heavy weight.  Don't worry.  Everything is going to be fine.  He is a healthy, bouncing baby boy.  We were released from the hospital and went home.

But...this was not my "first time at the rodeo".  I was already the mother of two.  My oldest was 3 and a half, and my middle one was 1 and a half, still in diapers.  I was very familiar with what was "normal" at least for my kids.  Despite nagging doubts, I decided to trust what I had been told.

Okay, here we go!  Home at last.  The whirlpool I call my life is spinning with two in diapers, lots of crying (I mean me.  No, just kidding.  Well, okay, me too), and a very rambunctious toddler.  Oh, and don't forget about all that laundry!  Life is going to be very busy, but I can do this.  After all, what's one more?  I was about to find out.


If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you can pray like this:



More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment