700 Club (Television Program with Pat Robertson) shares Christopher's Miracle Story

The 700 Club with Pat Robertson

Christopher's miracle testimony was featured on the the February 4, 2014 episode of THE 700 CLUB. Please watch our VIDEO and share it with your friends and family.

Friday, August 16, 2013

Momma bear






Grizzly Bear

Nature is incredible!  It  never ceases to amaze me how it all works together.  There are all kinds of different types of animals, plants, and terrains.  From the desert to the tropics each one is unique and wonderfully made.  I think God is the ultimate architect, scientist, and artist.

God gives animals basic instincts to help them with their survival.  Take the bear for example.  People love them.  We even give  bear "look a likes" called teddy bears to children to comfort them.  It is amazing how a bear can be both incredibly agile when negotiating a river and catching its dinner, and yet whimsical and playful when frolicking through the forest.  Bears are just big lovable balls of fluffy fur, but a very important rule of thumb to remember when watching bears (hopefully from a safe distance) is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER come between a momma bear and her cub.  Failing to remember this could put YOU in desperate need of the emergency room.

A very frustrated momma bear!
Momma bears are designed to care for and protect their cubs at all costs.  If a momma bear feels her cub is threatened, then that big lovable ball of fur will turn into a huge ball of fury intent on destroying the threat. 

Human moms are kind of like that too.  God puts into our hearts the absolute desire to protect our children.  You haven't seen anything until you've seen a seemingly tiny, quiet mom display her inner "momma bear" for the person she feels is posing some type of threat to her child. 

I am definitely guilty of this.  I am normally a pretty quiet person.  I would rather avoid conflict at all costs, but more than once during all of this, my inner "momma bear" came to the surface.

However, I think it is very important to point out that I am absolutely convinced that at NO point did any medical personnel ever threaten or intend to purposefully harm Christopher in any way.  Were mistakes in judgement made?  Yes, but doctors are human too.  They make mistakes just like everybody else does.  Were there personality conflicts and misunderstandings?  Of course, in life there always are.

I want it to be clear that I am VERY grateful for the doctors and nurses who did their best to help Christopher.  I know their intentions were admirable, and I credit them with saving my son's life.  I am eternally grateful to those who have dedicated their lives to the care of others, and I apologize to those who were the focus of my "momma bear moments".

The problem is actually one of perception and lack of control.  When you find yourself in a situation like this you become frustrated that you can't help your own child.  You become keenly aware of the fact that you don't have control over whether your child will live or die.  This is an extremely frightening feeling!  Unfortunately, we often believe (out of absolute desperation) that doctors have "the control".  After all, modern medicine has made so many advances.  Surely they have the answer.  Surely they can save my child, but when the answers don't come easily, the facade of control crumbles.  You are left feeling completely helpless and downright petrified.  That's when the "momma bear" comes out, and you lash out at those who are doing their best to help.
Me with my 3 little cubs

Again, I would like to say that I am so thankful to those who worked with Christopher.  I am  also thankful that God put a desire in their hearts to devote their lives to medicine, and gave them the incredible skill and talent to perform their chosen profession.


 If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you can pray like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment