700 Club (Television Program with Pat Robertson) shares Christopher's Miracle Story

The 700 Club with Pat Robertson

Christopher's miracle testimony was featured on the the February 4, 2014 episode of THE 700 CLUB. Please watch our VIDEO and share it with your friends and family.

Friday, August 16, 2013

A Godly appointment

Your Christian testimony could be just the thing that someone else is waiting to hear.
The bags were packed, and the passports were in order.  My appointment was at noon.  It was a luxury I rarely allow myself.  I usually just do it myself, but I had decided to splurge and have a pedicure before our vacation.  We were getting ready to leave on a Caribbean cruise to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

When I entered the beauty salon, it was to get my toes painted.  I wasn't expecting the interaction that was about to happen.  My mind was filled with thoughts about vacation plans.  Sadly, I hadn't given as much thought as usual to Christopher's healing miracle.  I was distracted with packing and picking up all the last minute necessities like sunscreen and  something to read on the plane, but God's miracle would soon be in the forefront of my mind again.

Blessed are those who are trained in the art of massage!
I had never met the woman who was about to give me the pedicure.  In fact, it was the first time I had come to the salon to have my toes pampered.  She was a woman probably in her mid 50's.  Her hair was pulled back in a bun, and she had a very heavy accent that I didn't exactly recognize.  It was maybe Russian or Ukrainian, and it was so heavy that I had a difficult time understanding her. I remember thinking to myself that I love the sound of accents, but it was going to be very difficult for us to carry on a conversation together.  Even though she was difficult for me to understand, she had a very friendly way about her.  She told me her name was Sasha (not her real name), and she showed me to my chair.

I need a chair like this at home!
My plan when I walked into the salon was relaxation.  I wanted to sit back in the big massage chair and enjoy the warm water swirling around my feet.  When I paint my toes myself, it is always so awkward, and I usually end up with paint drips all over my feet.  I was looking forward to having them painted professionally

The water was welcoming, and the chair was heavenly.  Sasha brought me some water to drink and encouraged me to sit just sick back and relax while my feet soaked.  I was more than happy to comply.  The water swirled and bubbled about my tired feet.  I closed my eyes.  It felt good to be pampered.

Caribbean coral
When my feet were sufficiently softened, Sasha returned with her pedicure tools and paint.  We discussed paint colors, and she even painted a splash of color on her own nails for me to sample and choose from.  The winner was a Caribbean coral color which seemed a natural choice given our vacation destination.  Sasha began her pedicure routine.  She massaged my feet with lotion, trimmed my nails, and tended to the cuticles.  She sprinkled in the usual salon chit chat while she worked.  How often do you get a pedicure?  Where are you going on vacation?  Do you have any children?

I answered all her questions while I watched her work.  She was very precise and careful in her movements, a true artist.  I thought to myself... I can never get my toes to look that way when I paint them myself.  How does she do it?  She certainly has a way with a file and a paint brush.  It was all very relaxing, just light conversation and happy toes.

Dry time
The light conversation didn't stay light for long.  It was a simple question, not one that usually leads to such a heavy, life changing place.  Sasha asked me what I did for a living?  There it was.  I knew God had put Sasha in my path for a reason, His reason.  I told her that my husband and I had been married for 25 years (hence the anniversary vacation), and that I had stayed home with our three boys since our first son was born.  Then I mentioned that I wrote a blog and left it that, no explanation of the blogs purpose.  Sasha then asked what the blog was about, so I explained that it was about my son, Christopher.

Her heart wept.
There was silence for a moment, like she was considering something.  Then she asked me to tell her all about it, so I did.  I tried to give her the condensed version, but she was having none of it.  She wanted to know more.  She wanted to know everything.  She wanted details of the miracle.  As the words flowed from my heart, tears flowed from hers.  She began to weep to the point she couldn't see.  Several times she had to excuse herself to wipe away her tears and compose herself.  Each time she would return and ask for more.  She told me over and over again that she believed, and her tear stained face was evidence of the transformation in her soul.  I wasn't sure if she meant that she now believed in God, or if she meant that she believed that God had healed my son.  I was sure that God knew Sasha's  heart, and that I was in the salon that day for a special purpose.  I had a healing message that Sasha needed to hear. 

Tears of joy!
As I explained previously, I had never met Sasha before.  I didn't know anything about the history of her life, her hurts, or her regrets.  I had no idea where her heart or head was at.  I wasn't sure if she had been a believer all her life, or if this was her first introduction to the wonder of Jesus.  I wasn't expecting to tell Christopher's story, nor was I expecting this woman to be overcome with joyous weeping  when I shared it with her.  I thought I had an appointment for a pedicure.  Turns out that it was a Godly appointment, just one soul embracing and ministering to another.

If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you can pray like this:




More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment